In addition to the academic admission requirements, all applicants to Fleming College Toronto must provide proof of English proficiency to be considered for admission. This can be done with one of the three following options:
Option 1 - Submit test results from one of the accepted tests listed:
Applicants may receive direct admission by submitting one of the following recognized English language test scores with their application.
|English Language Test||Minimum Score
|Internet-based (iBT) TOEFL||80 with no score less than 20||88 with no score less than 22|
|Paper-based (PBT) TOEFL||550||550|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS - Academic)||6.0 with no band less than 5.5
(Students applying through SDS stream to meet 6.0, with no bands less than 6.0)
|6.5 with no band less than 6.0|
|Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL)||Overall 60||Overall 70|
|Canadian Academic English Language - ONLINE (CAEL - ONLINE)||Overall 60||Overall 70|
|Michigan English Test (MET)||56||62|
|PTE Academic (Pearson Test English)||58+||60+|
|Cambridge English Exams (B2 First/FCE, C1 Advanced/CAE or C2 Proficiency/CPE)||Minimum 169 with no skill below 162||Minimum 176 with no skill below 162|
*At Fleming College Toronto, test scores are valid for a minimum of 2 months following date of application. Students with expired test scores can be considered for direct admission if the student is applying from within Canada, currently attending an accredited University or College, and successfully progresses in a post-secondary program.
Option 2: Successful completion of Fleming College Toronto English Language Bridge (FCT ELB)
- Diploma and Certificate: Successful completion of Level 5 of the FCT ELB Program with a minimum overall of 80%.
- Graduate Certificate: Successful completion of Level 6 of the FCT ELB Program with a minimum overall of 80%.
Option 3: Provide Proof of Language Proficiency from Previous Education
Applicants may receive direct admission by providing proof of language proficiency based on previous education:
- Successfully completed three consecutive years of study at a secondary school (high school) in English in a country where English is a primary language.
- Completed one full year of study in an accredited post-secondary program in English in a country where English is a primary language.
- Obtain an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or Canadian provincial equivalent) and English credit (Grade 12 C) issued by a public or Catholic school board.
- Provide proof of graduation from one of the authorized Fleming College Toronto pathway partners
- Completed three consecutive years of study at a secondary private school in Ontario and received an Ontario Secondary School Diploma and English credit (Grade 12 C).
Note: Fleming College Toronto reserves the right to request additional documentation, or a third-party evaluation of submitted documents. Fleming College Toronto also reserves the right to request an additional English language test from any applicant if the college deems it necessary. Based on the results of Fleming College Toronto testing, students may be offered additional language support. All requirements are subject to change at any time without notice.
* Visa requirements may vary. To determine your language requirements for visa approval please check your local Visa Application Centre (VAC), and the Government of Canada’s webpages on study permits and Student Direct Stream.
Students will still have to prove that language instruction was in English.
- Antiqua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Ireland (Northern)
- Ireland (Republic)
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- St. Kitt’s & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent & The Grenadine
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa**
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos
- United Kingdom