In this one-year Personal Support Worker certificate program, gain the skills to start a fulfilling and in-demand career that puts people first. Learn through traditional lectures and innovative lab components, preparing you to thrive in a large range of healthcare settings or pursue further education.
|Semesters||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Academic Year Total||$17,995.88|
|Total Tuition Fees||$17,995.88|
- Get approximately 400 hours of relevant theory and approximately 300 hours of real-life, clinical training.
- Benefit from innovative lab components throughout both semesters that simulate the work environment.
- Use supportive approaches and evidence-based practices to promote positive and safe behaviours in clients.
- Prepare to assist children, adults, and seniors with special needs or disabilities, and help them maximize life experience.
- Focus on hands-on task-oriented skills and practice time.
Create, promote and maintain a safe and comfortable environment for clients and their families.
Learn to follow a plan of care based on ethical principles while maintaining sensitivity to diverse personal and family values, beliefs, cultural practices, and other needs.
Why Choose Fleming College Toronto
- The program adheres to ministry guidelines, making it widely recognized by agencies and related employers.
- Learn in a supportive environment that values both the theoretical and practical sides of skill development in college education.
- Get access to an extensive suite of support services, such as career services, academic advising, housing and more.
- Enjoy the benefits of cosmopolitan life, including a thriving job market, cultural diversity, and networking opportunities.
- Class sizes that maximize personalized learning and peer interaction.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Ontario Secondary School Certificate (OSSD) or equivalent. Please check the Ontario Secondary School Diploma Equivalency page for secondary education completed internationally.
- Gr 12 C English with 50% or above, or equivalent.
- Successful competition of Fleming College Toronto English Language Bridge Level 5 or provide IELTS Academic Overall 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5 or equivalent (students applying through the SDS stream must have an overall 6.0 with no band less than 6.0).
Applicants can also review the Languages Requirements page to understand and learn about the other options available to meet the program’s language requirements.
Your program has mandatory requirements which may include a criminal reference check, first aid, CPR-C, etc. For more information, please see the Non Academic Requirements page.
Failure to provide any of the required Non Academic Field Requirements by the specified due date will result in an inability to participate in the mandatory placement components of the program.
Thank you and please give us a call if you need any clarification.
Upon graduation, you will be ready to offer care to patients and clients on your own or with a team of other healthcare professionals in a range of facility and community settings. Some options include:
- Long-term care facilities
- Group homes
- Private homes
- Retirement homes
- Adult day centres
- Home care agencies
- Supportive housing
*Course Information is subject to change without notification
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
One year (two semesters).
A Personal Support Worker certificate or program differs from nursing in scope and educational requirements. Personal Support Worker programs focus on providing personal care and support, while nursing involves more advanced clinical responsibilities and requires more extended education.