All enrolled Fleming College Toronto students are covered by a health insurance plan provided by guard.me. This insurance is mandatory and included in your total tuition fees. Your coverage will automatically start on the 1st day of the month of your studies. You cannot opt out of this coverage.
About Your Coverage
guard.me insurance policy covers certain medical services and expenses for enrolled students at Fleming College Toronto and is valid all over the world except your country of origin.
The onus is on students to review their own insurance policy. The easiest way to review your full insurance coverage is to download the iCent app. Alternatively, you can view your coverage on the guard.me webpage.
If you have any further questions, email email@example.com with your student ID in the subject line.
Activating Your guard.me Account
An email confirmation will be sent to your FCT email (firstname.lastname@example.org) shortly after day 10 of the semester. This will include your policy details and activation instructions.
If you cannot access or do not receive the activation email, please contact guard.me directly or email email@example.com with your student ID in the subject line. If you have any additional questions or needs related to your coverage, please contact student services.
Frequently Asked Questions
You are covered under guard.me health insurance for the duration of your studies at Fleming College Toronto.
For example, if you are in a 1-year program and start in September, your coverage will begin September 1st and end April 30th of the following year. If you enroll in a new program following your program completion, you will receive your new policy information after day 10 of the semester.
If you arrive in Canada before the start of your program, you can purchase early arrivals health insurance through guard.me. This coverage will cover up to 4 weeks before the start of the semester.
For more information, visit the early arrivals page on the guard.me website.
If you cannot access the Welcome Email from guard.me, you may reset your account by following these steps:
- Go to the login page
- Enter your FCT email address and click “next”
- Click “reset your password” to reset your account
- Enter your personal email, and a link will be sent to that email address
- Click on the link you have received and follow the prompts
You will then have access to your guard.me account.
Yes. Students enrolled at Fleming College Toronto can purchase guard.me coverage for their dependents after they have received their insurance policy number.
- Visit the guard.me webpage and follow the on-screen instructions
- The dependent(s) will be covered under the same policy plan as the student
Under certain circumstances, you will need a medical receipt to make a claim for a reimbursement:
- If you require medical services before receiving your policy details
- If your healthcare provider does not do direct billing
Under either of these circumstances, you will need to pay the fees yourself. Make sure you request a receipt to submit a claim.
- You can submit a claim by logging into your account via the guard.me webpage
- Click on “Submit a Claim” and follow the on-screen instructions
- After submitting a claim, your eligibility for reimbursement will be assessed. You can expect to receive your reimbursement within five business days, either via direct deposit or on a Claims Reimbursement Card
If you require assistance with submitting a claim, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Student ID in the subject line.
Yes! If you wish to be covered after you complete your FCT program, guard.me offers insurance for recent graduates. You can purchase coverage by logging into your account via the guard.me webpage.
- Before applying, review the policy, as the coverage will be different from what you received throughout your program
- You must apply within 30 days of the expiry date of your current guard.me policy
- If you miss the deadline, you will not be eligible for coverage
Yes. This insurance is mandatory for all enrolled FCT students and included in your total tuition fees. You cannot opt out of this coverage. For the most up-to-date information on coverage costs, visit the tuition and fees webpage and click “Learn More” under your program section.